Saigon is home to the population of all regions of the country. Therefore, the cuisine here is extremely rich with typical Southern dishes or imported dishes from all over the country. Travel Saigon, you should tasted the delicious food.
Bun nam, Lau mam
The best fish sauce is Western (Can Tho, Vinh Long, Long An), but if you do not have time then you can enjoy hot pot fish sauce in Saigon. The most important sauce pot is the broth, must be processed from the type of delicious sauce, tasting skillful to eat. Sour sauce in Saigon often have water spinach, raffle, cotton gun, okra, mint, banana and sweet.
- Some famous addresses: Nam Bo Hotpot 94 AB Cao Thang, Ward 4, District 3, price: 160,000 – 240,000VND; Lẩu mắm Ăn là khen : 11 Ho Bieu Chanh, Ward 12, Phu Nhuan District, price: Hot pot sauce: 210,000 – 300,000VND.
Like the hot pot sauce, broth is the most important ingredient of the noodle dish. High quality noodle soup is not too sweet, too salty or spicy but also not bland, especially can not lack the taste of pineapple sauce. Eat fish noodles, pork, prawns, squid, indispensable vegetables raw vegetables with bitter vegetables, banana, banana, cotton gun, basil. Some eateries scored more by the sweet and sour sauce of sweet and sour sauce is very attractive.
- Some famous places: Huynh Lam (Bac Lieu) Vinegar, 37A Go Dau, Tan Phu District: 28,000VND / bowl; 444 – 369 Le Quang Dinh, Ward 5, Binh Thanh District, open from 9am to 9pm everyday, excluding the full moon and the first day, price 35,000VND / bowl, Bun Mam , 528 Phan Van Tri, District. Go Vap, price 30,000VND / bowl.
BUN BO HUE
Bun beef Hue is one of the specialties of Hue, has long been very popular in Saigon. In the broth of the vermicelli, Hue people tend to add a little sauce, contributing to their very own flavor.
You can easily enjoy this popular dish in many streets in Saigon, price from 20,000 VND / bowl.
- Some famous addresses: Bo Nu Thanh Noi Hue, 47A Tran Cao Van, District 3 (near the roundabout Con Rua lake); Bun Dong Hue Ba Dong, 110A Nguyen Du, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1
LẨU CÁ KÈO
Hot pot gourd is a typical South Vietnamese dish. Hot pot dishes from goby are usually cooked with the giang leaves create sour sour, characteristic chit. Vegetables used with hot pot fish include raspberry, sweet and bitter vegetables, prices, banana flowers … With attractive aromas of vegetables and spices typical, hot pottery pottery rafters will pick up fragrant, unforgettable.
- Some famous addresses: No. 4 Nguyen Thi Dieu, Ward 6, District 3, the hot pot restaurant on Su Thien Chieu.
MÌ-HỦ TIẾU-HOÀNH THÁNH
These dishes, although not native, but now also become a feature of Saigon. For the people of Saigon, this dish is easy to eat and quite popular. However, with Northerners, this dish tastes slightly sweet, may not be used to enjoy the first time. The noodle shops are available on any street, alleyway of Saigon with prices from 20,000 VND / bowl.
- Some famous places: Noodle Soup on Mac Thi Buoi Street (District 1), Chicken Noodle Soup on Ton That Dam Street (District 1), Golden Noodle Soup on Hai Thuong Lan Ong Street (District 5) Vo Tan Tan, District 3, duck noodle soup on Pham Van Hai Street (Tan Binh District), Tac noodle: 22 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan, District 3
BÒ TƠ CỦ CHI
Sweet beef tenderloin is wrapped with fresh vegetables of South Vietnam and rice paper, eaten with sweet and sour sauce mixed very smartly made specialties Cu Chi cattle are famous. Currently many restaurants in Saigon have served this dish, but diners have not found anywhere that can match the original bulls in Cu Chi.
- Some famous addresses: Xuan Dao – Go straight on National Highway 22, past the Central intersection and to the overpass of Cu Chi, looking to the right will see Xuan Dao cattle stall, Cu Chi district; Bo To Hong Dao is also on Highway 22 but on the left.
BÁNH XÈO NAM BỘ
Cake with golden crust cake on the outside, inside with shrimp, meat, bean sprouts, molded into round shape or folded into semicircle. Southern pancake with eggs, when eaten with sweet and sour sauce and a lot of vegetables and leaves in the garden. At some restaurants people add mushrooms to make pancakes to eat delicious and less eaten.
- Some well known addresses: 46A Dinh Cong Trang, District 1; Ten Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, Ward 6, District 3; Eat Ling, 74 Suong Nguyet Anh Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1.
BÁNH TRÁNG TRẢNG BÀNG
This is a dish of Tay Ninh people, in addition to rice cake with frosted rice cake, rice paper is served with boiled pork, boiled beef, along with a lot of vegetables and seasonings typical of the West.
- Some famous addresses: You can eat Trang Bang rice paper in Hoang Anh’s shop system, or rice paper Trang Bang 411 – 413 Nguyen Tri Phuong, District 10.
FRESH SPRING ROLLS
Raw materials for a quality roll book is to be full: vegetables, noodles, shrimps, meat and three of course there is no lack of plastic wrap to roll out. However, the main thing to be able to feel a good roll is its ingredient. Southern people often use the fresh spring rolls with black sauce because it has a sweet taste, plus peanuts and sour. So popular, but leaves one of the 50 best food in the world voted CNN. Salad rolls are sold widely in all street vendors, fake shops, markets and supermarkets for only 3.000VND per book.
- Some addresses for you: Le Van Tam pavement (Hai Ba Trung street), BigC supermarket, Coopmart supermarket …
Saigon “Snail” is a common word, because there are many other seafood. Snail eating is also to enjoy a world of mollusks and crustaceans rich, from clams, oysters, snails, mussels, crab, shrimp, squid, shrimp. Snails are always attractive, from steamed, boiled, fried, fried, roasted to baked anything, baked with all kinds of spices such as garlic, onions, pepper, chives, lemongrass, ginger, basil, cheese, butter.
- Some famous addresses: Oc Dao 2- 132 Nguyen Thai Hoc, District 1; Oc Quang Quang, 189 To Hien Thanh, Ward 13, District 10; Nose No.9, 23 Nguyen Van Giai, Ward. Red Snail, 177 alley 3/2, District 10; Oc Xinh, 002 Lot B5 apartment P.3, internal road 12B, Khanh Hoi, District 4; Quan Oc Vietnamese Restaurant: 237/50 Tran Van Dang, Ward 11, District 3.